Electrical Construction Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Outstanding, enthusiastic, and accomplished professional, with extensive years of experience in directing all phases of multimillion-dollar projects and operations, across the construction industry. Highly knowledgeable in scheduling, budgeting, costing, contract negotiation, and industrial contractor relationship management. Successful in completing projects by coordinating trades, developing partnerships, and building positive rapport with all levels of professional while maintaining costs. Powered with exceptional conceptualization skills as well as analytical and team leadership attitude in motivating members to achieve or exceed goals. Capable of directing multiple teams and projects in diverse locations simultaneously. Flexible in different working conditions (time, location, and others), with proven ability to thrive in fast-paced environments. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Primavera, Windows 2003 and XP, Microsoft Project 2003, and ConEst Estimating software.
- Construction Management
- Building Materials Standard
- Subcontractor Coordination
- Material Resource Planning
- Quality Assurance and Inspection
- Time and Budget Management
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Problem and Conflict Resolution
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Cost Control and Estimation
- Health and Safety Regulations
MNO ELECTRIC COMPANY, IRON MOUNTAIN, MI (2010-PRESENT)
Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager/Safety
BCD Energy Center, Bayonne, NJ – $33M
Longview Power Project, Maidsville, WV – $31M – 1-1/2% extra profit
Jeffrey Energy Center FGD upgrade, St. Mary, KS – $27 – 2% extra profit
- Provide expert oversight in inspecting and assuring installation per contract, specification, drawings, and NEC Code; obtained zero noncompliance reports.
- Hold accountability in managing engineering issues and document control, such as as-built drawings and start-up turnover packages.
- Forecast estimates for material needs and change orders.
- Administer and organize daily company job journal, work force productivity, and daily time sheets of approximately 100-man work force.
- Successfully completed all projects on time and under budget, which resulted in a performance bonus for the Onsite Management Team members.
KLM ELECTRIC, INC., DELRAY BEACH, FL (2006-2007)
West Palm Beach City Center Project (New City Hall, Library, Parking Garage), West Palm Beach, FL – $85M
- Determined scope and construction estimate as well as prepared job budget, cost codes, and construction schedules.
- Efficiently identified extra work scope and estimate cost; drafted scope letter on five change orders with excepted as priced for $300K.
- Closely monitored change orders, requests for information (RFI), drawing log, and materials.
ABCD COMPANY, JACKSONVILLE, FL (2006)
Flagler County Elementary School A, Palm Coast, FL – $26M
- Administered electrical and mechanical contractor’s installation on a K-5 school.
- Oversaw various operational aspects, including coordination, engineering issues, budget, and schedule.
MNO ELECTRIC COMPANY, IRON MOUNTAIN, MI (2005)
Electrical Project Superintendent
Palm Beach Resource Recovery Project, West Palm Beach, FL – $5M
- Played an integral role in assessing and estimating cost and time schedule to repair fire damage to two boilers.
- Identified manpower, equipment, tools, and materials.
- Managed layout and coordinated demolition, installation, testing, and checkout of raceways, cable, and electrical devices.
MNO ELECTRIC COMPANY, IRON MOUNTAIN, MI (2004-2005)
Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Magnolia Power Project, Burbank, CA – $100M
- Conducted inspection and assurance of installation per contract, specification, drawings, and NEC Code; received zero noncompliance reports.
- Created and wrote more than 160 RFIs while maintaining RFI log.
- Handled and resolved various engineering issues as well as administered as-built drawings and start-up turnover packages.
- Designed estimates for material needs, change orders, as well as for packaged material submits.
- Directed the entire project in the absence of the Project Manager/Superintendent, which included maintaining daily report to GC, planning and coordinating schedule three weeks ahead, updating daily company job journal, overseeing work force productivity, and checking daily time sheets.
RSTU COMPANY, SOUTHFIELD, MI (2000-2003)
Reliant Energy Hunterstown Combine Cycle Power Plant Project, City, PA – $400M
PPL Global Wallingford Energy Simple Cycle Power Plant Project, City, CT – $130M
Reliant Energy Shelby County Simple Power Plant Project, City, IN – $200M
- Established and maintained electrical schedule and budget.
- Expertly supervised subcontractor for electrical, heat tracing, and instrumentation.
- Performed onsite engineering and material purchasing as well as monitored productivity and schedule.
- Collaborated with client and engineers concerning project specifications and issues.
PQRS CONSTRUCTORS, INC., REDMOND, WA (1996-2000)
C.O.E. Olmsted Replacement Locks Project, City, IN – $210M
AECC Arkansas River Dam #2 Hydropower Project, City, AR – $60M
FGH & MNO, INC., DALLAS, TX (1993-1995)
Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
C.O.E. 503-Bed VA Replacement Hospital, City, MI – $250M
C.O.E. Red River Lock and Dam #4 and #5 Project, City, LA- $420M
LMN & IJK, INC., BOISE, ID (1991-1993)
Project Electrical Superintendent
2250-Bed Maximum Security Prison, Beeville, TX – $80M
FGHI, INC., ORLANDO, FL (1980-1991)
Project Superintendent | General Foreman | Forman | Journeyman
Project Management Course (2006)
Microsoft Projects 2003 Level 1 and 2 Training (2006-2007)
Excel 2003 Level 1 and 2 Training (2006-2007)
ConEst Estimating Course Training (2006)
OSHA 500, Qualified to Teach 10- and 30-Hour Course and Disaster 1st Response Training (2006)
Safe2Work Program (2002)
American Welding Society – Certified Welding Inspector