Phone # / Cell Phone #
Director of Customer Support
Strategic Planning and Execution | Time Management and Prioritization | Problem Identification and Resolution | Leadership and Team Building | Exceptional Communication
Highly organized, dedicated, and seasoned professional, with extensive experience in customer service and support, change management, and organizational administration. Armed with more than 25 years in the payroll and benefits arena. Skilled at formulating and implementing standard practices and procedures to effect dramatic improvements in efficiency, productivity, and business processes toward successful attainment of organizational goals. Detail-oriented with proven effectiveness to multitask in competitive, high-impact, and fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
Payroll and Benefits Management
- Rendered keen supervision to payroll support desk, training activities, and communications across more than 100 field locations within the organization.
- Functioned as an integral member of any new payroll and/or timekeeping implementations as well as ensured a smooth transition from implementation to ongoing support.
- Provided direct leadership in overseeing the overall execution and direction of global clients’ payrolls, taxes and garnishments through the use of SAP.
- Led the entire downstream process, which included submission of positive pay files, ACH files, G/L postings, periodic and quarterly tax submissions, and year-end project lead.
- Directed the outsourced benefit administration (health and welfare) for more than 30,000 employees with a revenue value of $2.5 million.
Management and Operations
- Worked in the Comprehensive Outsourcing Service Division of ADP, handling overall execution and direction of two national-sized clients.
- Extensively managed more than 1,000 clients and 22,000 worksite employees in the south region.
- Administered daily FSA processes in the FSA Department while overseeing more than 1,500 client relations.
- Ensured accuracy in managing accounts with various ADP products and services.
- Displayed professionalism and effectiveness in developing and maintaining effective client relationships to guarantee the provision of ADP products and services in accordance to the client expectations.
- Carried out human resources functions, including hiring and motivating staff for ADP’s ever-growing comprehensive outsourcing services and for the maintenance of clients’ regulatory compliance.
- Provided hands-on oversight to direct reports.
Career History and Accomplishments
Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA
Senior Manager of Payroll Support, Training, and Communications | May 2008–Present
- Attained success in increasing the previous 90% score to an average of 95% for the past three years.
- Provided effective management on several customer reorganizations to achieve strategic change of team structure while enabling the company to provide consistent service throughout transitions.
- Functioned as an adjunct to onsite classroom training, making major contributions in successfully implementing a virtual-based training curriculum that increased the number of customers attending such training.
- Nominated for and participated in the Cox Mentor Program in 2010.
NorthgateArinso, Norcross, GA
Payroll Operations Manager | Nov 2006–May 2008
- Rendered exceptional customer service in helping clients become ‘referencable’, making them references for potential clients.
- Strategically conceptualized and carried out a year-end project plan for all clients, successfully surpassing all expectations upon completion.
ADP, Alpharetta, GA
Payroll Manager | Mar–Nov 2006
- Displayed effectiveness in managing concurrent client priorities and deadlines, eventually exceeding expectations for quality and productivity.
Regional Payroll Manager | Apr 2003–Mar 2006
- Forged active participation in the development of a shared service model.
- Led the formulation of solutions to client-specific problems.
Manager of Client Services | May 2001–Apr 2003
- Demonstrated proficiency in establishing and maintaining a new functional department and outsourcing unit.
ADP Benefit Services, Silver Spring, MD
Client Service Manager | Feb 1999–May 2001
- Spearheaded strategic efforts in successfully securing and administering open enrollment projects.
- Efficiently handled concurrent client priorities and deadlines.
Payroll Manager | Dec 1996–Feb 1999
- Oversaw the development of department structure for a new payroll outsourcing concept.
- Managed the creation and maintenance of multi-site processing schedules.
- Delivered quality payroll services upon setting and ensuring compliance with industry standard.
City of New Britain, Board of Education, New Britain, CT
Payroll Manager | Sep 1979–Apr 1993
- Directly led payroll operations along with processing documentation for more than 1,200 employees.
- Exhibited professionalism in training, coaching, and motivating a 4-man staff.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration ▪ 1996
Towson University | Towson, MD
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification ▪ Obtained in 2006 and Recertified in 2011
American Payroll Association (National and Local Member)
American Society for Training & Development (National and Local Member)
PeopleSoft v8.9 | Kronos v5.2 | SAP | Enterprise v4 and v3
AutoPay | PCPW | Clarify | Remedy | Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint)